Are you worried about your teeth that have lost their shine and beauty over the years? Are your teeth stained, chipped, cracked, crowded, or spaced with gaps between them? Cosmetic dentistry can address these cosmetic issues and help you restore your smile's brightness and beauty.
What is the Focus of Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is focused on restoring or enhancing the aesthetics and appearance of the teeth. It helps shape and contour your teeth, thus helping boost your self-confidence while improving your oral health. Also, cosmetic dentistry can help you restore the use of your teeth with suitable treatments and procedures.
What are the common Cosmetic Dentistry procedures?
Some of the popular cosmetic dentistry procedures include:
- Teeth Whitening: If you have stained or discolored teeth and want them to be white again, a teeth-whitening procedure can help you. The procedure can give you bright smiles in a matter of minutes using special teeth-whitening gels or other techniques to lighten the discoloration of the enamel and dentin.
- Dental Veneers: Veneers are thin shells made of ceramic, porcelain, or composite materials that are secured to the front of your teeth to hide the imperfections.
- Dental crowns:Dental crowns, usually made of porcelain, are one of the best solutions for treating a cracked, decayed, broken, or similarly damaged tooth. Simultaneously, it also restores the aesthetics and function of the tooth. Crowns also protect a weak tooth from further infection or damage after extensive dental procedures like root canal treatment.
- Dental Bonding:Dentists use dental bonding procedures to treat people who have severely stained or chipped teeth. Dentists mold the composite bonding material used in the dental bonding procedure to fit the ideal shape you want.
- Gum Contouring:Gum contouring can treat an uneven gum line to make it more symmetrical and visually pleasing.
- Porcelain Fillings:Cavities are quite common among children as well as adults. The best option is to fill the cavities with porcelain fillings. This prevents further decay and, because the fillings' color matches the tooth’s, does not affect the beauty of your smile.
- Dental Implants: If you have a missing tooth that left a gap in your smile, your dentist could replace it with a dental implant. Dental implants look and work like a natural tooth, and are well known for their strength, durability, and aesthetics.
Want to learn more about cosmetic dentistry? Call AV Dental Wellness Group at (661) 942-1179 or schedule an appointment online to consult the best cosmetic dentist at 151 E Ave. J, Lancaster, CA 93535.