Dental fillings restore your tooth’s structure and protect your mouth from cavities. They are used in dentistry after removing the decayed or otherwise affected parts of the tooth to seal it, prevent further decay, and its recurrence.
Traditional metal fillings are quite visible and don’t blend in well with your natural tooth color.
At AV Dental Wellness Group in Lancaster, California, we offer patients the option of choosing white-colored fillings or composite fillings, which have a much more natural look and blend in with their natural teeth.
What Are the Advantages of White Fillings?
White or composite fillings have several advantages, including:
- They imitate the appearance of natural teeth and help maintain the aesthetics of your mouth.
- White fillings can be quickly bonded to the tooth's surface and help restore them.
- They add additional support and strength to the natural tooth.
- White fillings can be used to repair cavities, chips, cracks, or fractures effortlessly.
- The procedure is minimally invasive and quick.
- White fillings do not cause any irritation to the surrounding teeth or gum tissues.
How Are White Fillings Placed?
White fillings can easily be fixed in a single dental visit. At AV Dental Wellness Group in Lancaster, California, Dr. Peyman Kafri will first numb your tooth using anesthesia and prepare your tooth for the filling by removing the decayed part of the tooth.
The tooth's surface is then carefully cleaned with disinfectants and coarsened to bond with the filling.
White fillings are applied in layers, and a unique laser light is used to harden the material. The filling tooth is then carefully molded and polished to match the color and shape of the natural tooth.
After the procedure, you may feel slight sensitivity or discomfort. However, any sensitivity will quickly subside.
If you are unhappy with your current silver fillings or need a new filling, white fillings are a great, natural-looking option. Dr. Peyman Kafri at AV Dental Wellness Group provides solutions that will improve your oral health while transforming your smile. To learn more, visit our office at 151 E Ave. J, Lancaster, CA 93535, or call (661) 942-1179 to schedule an appointment.